- Former Ontario health minister responsible for one of the largest health care systems in North America (2014 – 2018).
- Former elected Member of Ontario Provincial Parliament with Cabinet positions in Health, Economic Development and Trade, Children and Youth Services, and Immigration.
- Government of Canada Chair, Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare.
- Physician and public health specialist with more than thirty years’ experience in public policy, complex diplomacy, international affairs, health care, media and economic development at the intersection of business, politics and complex social and political circumstances.
- Proven negotiator and navigator at the highest levels of government and bureaucracy.