Dr. Anthony Back
- Dr. Anthony Back is a recognized leader in the fields of palliative care and oncology.
- Board-certified physician at Colorectal Services at University of Washington Medical Center, co-director of the University of Washington Center for Excellence in Palliative Care, and a University of Washington professor of Oncology and Medicine and an adjunct professor of Bioethics and Humanities.
- He is triple board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Medical Oncology and General Internal Medicine. He was the principal investigator for the Oncotalk interventions, co-wrote Mastering Communication with Seriously Ill Patients, released the first iPhone app for clinician communication skills, and is a Contemplative Studies Fellow of the Mind and Life Institute.
- His clinical and research interests include patient-physician communication and quality of life palliative care.
- Dr. Back earned his medical degree at Harvard Medical School.